| As the world begins to return to something that resembles normalcy, the educational programming for our younger explorers has also begun but with a few changes.|
The wildly-popular Toddler Tuesday is moving to a new day and time. The new program, “Nature Tots”, is moving to Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 10:45. It continues to feature engaging activities to include literature, science and nature and is designed for children ages 2 to 5. The tuition for Nature Tots is $5 per child and $2 for non-member caregivers. Member caregivers are free!
The monthly “Homeschool Program” is also taking on a different identity as “Audubon Academy” and is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of the month. Audubon Academy is for children in first grade through sixth grade, and the tuition is $10 per month.
Another change for both programs is that space is limited so that social distancing is possible. Because the programs fill quickly, parents are being encouraged to register early through the registration portal HERE and go to the Education link.
The themes developed for this year are below:
Nature Tots for Fall 2020
Thursdays from 9:30 to 10:45 a.m. Dates and topics are subject to change.
October 2020: Our 5 senses & Gardening
· October 1: Sight & Seeds
· October 8: *No Class
· October 15: Smell
· October 22: Touch
· October 29: Taste & Halloween Party
November 2020: Weather Patterns
· November 5: Seasons
· November 12: Weather
· November 19: The Sun’s Heat
· November 26 *No Class: Thanksgiving Holiday*
December: Habitats & Our Basic Needs
· December 3: Our Basic Needs
· December 10: Habitats Deserts & Ocean
· December 17: Habitats at PRAC (Wetlands)
9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Home School will be the fourth Wednesday unless noted in schedule. Dates and topics are subject to change.
- September 30: Getting to Know Birds, Part I
- October 28: Getting to Know Birds, Part II
- November 18: At Home in a Habitat
- December 16: Let’s Change Climate Change
- January 27 : Sharing our Shores: Beach birds, bees, bats, and other pollinators
- February 24 : Live Cycles of Birds
- March 31: Birds on the Move: Flight & Migration
- April 28: Earth Conservation and Stewardship
- May 19: Water and Water Science